Current Graduate Students
Maged Gouda is currently pursuing his Master’s degree in Transportation Engineering at the University of Alberta, and he is also a research and teaching assistant. His thesis research is focused on determining the time and distance halo effects of automated photo enforcement.
Danyang began his MSc in September 2015 under the direction of Dr. EI-Basyouny. He completed his BSc in Southeast University, China in 2014 and then worked as a stuff in Student Affairs in South University from 2014-2015. His main research focus is on Traffic Safety Analysis.
Suliman Gargoum earned his Master’s degree from the UofA in 2015. He currently is a Research and Teaching Assistant at the UofA, while also working towards obtaining a PhD degree. His thesis research is focused on the applications of LiDAR technology in highway engineering.
Mostafa completed his Master’s degree from Ain Shams University in 2014. He is currently pursuing his PhD degree at the UofA. His research is currently focused on investigating the application of connected vehicles on improving driver behaviour to improve safety and mobility.
Yang (Naomi) Li has been a PhD student in Transportation Engineering at UofA since September 2014, working under the joint supervision of Dr. Kim and Dr. El-Basyouny. Her current research focuses on developing optimal resource allocation strategies for speed management programs.
1. Avi Thiessen ‐ Masters, 2016. Thesis Title: Factors Affecting Operating Speed on Urban Tangent Road Sections
2. Laura Contini ‐ Masters, 2015. Thesis Title: Safety Evaluation of Intersection Safety Camera Program in Edmonton
3. Md. Tazul Islam ‐ PhD, 2015. Thesis Title: Application of New Modelling Techniques to Perform Observational Before‐After Safety Evaluations (joint with Dr. Tony Qiu)
4. Suliman Gargoum ‐ Masters, 2015. Thesis Title: Assessing the Safety Effects of Excessive Speeding Legislation in Canada
5. Ran Li ‐ Masters, 2014. Thesis Title: Safety Effects of Automated Mobile Photo Enforcement (joint with Dr. Amy Kim)
6. Sudip Barua ‐ Masters, 2014. Thesis Title: Effects of Spatial Correlation in Collision Modelling
7. Xiaobin Wang ‐ Masters, 2014. Thesis Title: Scheduling and Deployment Strategies for Mobile Photo Radar Enforcement (joint with Dr. Amy Kim)
8. Simon Li ‐ Masters, 2012. Thesis Title: Fully Bayesian Inference Techniques for Traffic Safety Treatment Before‐And‐After Study (joint with Dr. Tarek Sayed)
9. Zhun Tian ‐ Masters, 2012. Thesis Title: Investigating Speed‐ Accident Relationship at Urban Signalized Intersections using Accident Prediction Models (joint with Dr. Tarek Sayed)
10. Md Maqsudul Molla ‐ Masters of Engineering, 2012. Thesis Title: Scheduling of Engineering Road Safety Improvement Program for the Office of Traffic Safety, City of Edmonton
11. Anjita Parajuli ‐ Masters of Engineering, 2012. Thesis Title: City‐Wide Identification of Locations with High Proportion of Specific Crash Types
12. Adinda Van Espen ‐ Masters, 2010. Thesis Title: Evaluating Traffic Safety Performance of Countries using Data Envelopment Analysis and Accident Prediction Models (joint with Dr. Tarek Sayed)
1. Lloyd Karsten ‐ NSERC USRA ‐ May to August, 2016
2. Joseph Sabbagh ‐ NSERC USRA ‐ May to August, 2016
3. Amanda Gadowski ‐ Engineering Co‐op ‐ May to August, 2016
4. Kenneth Froese ‐ Engineering Co‐op ‐ May to August, 2016
5. Jeana Klassen ‐ NSERC USRA ‐ May to August, 2012
6. Aaron Manuel ‐ NSERC USRA ‐ May to August, 2012